I am a child of God and a disciple of Jesus Christ. I work to follow the teachings of our Lord and to share his love with others. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I am strengthened and encouraged and given a new chance each day to do my part in bringing God’s Kingdom to come. I am a diocesan administrator who is passionate about the Church and who has great curiosity and joy in following God faithfully to what will be God’s next “new thing.” (Isaiah 43:19)
I serve as Canon for Mission Collaboration and Congregational Life in the Diocese of CT. My portfolio includes financial counseling and strategic planning for congregations; property discernment and development; building leadership capacities; addressing conflict; walking with parishes in all seasons of their congregational life; encouraging and facilitating Missional Experiments in Connecticut and building networks and Communities of Practice across a diocese of 168 parishes.
Though born in New York, I have lived in CT for the past 50 years and have enjoyed careers in cooking, teaching at the elementary school level and working with children with special needs. I am the co-founder of Rhythms of Grace, a curriculum and worship experience that supports children and families with special needs and I continue to worship with that community monthly. My husband Glenn and I have been married for 30 years and we have three children: Emma, 27; William, 25; and Harriet, 22. I enjoy playing my cello, running, and spending time in the kitchen.
Academic histories and training
- 2008-2011 D. Min, Hartford Seminary
- 2000-2003 M. Div, Theology, Yale Divinity School
- 2000-2003 Certificate in Anglican Studies, Berkeley Divinity School
- 1990-1992 Master’s Certificate in Elementary Education (Pre-K – Grade 8) Central CT State University
- 1976-1980 A.B., Psychology, Wheaton College (MA)
- 2013,2014 Appreciative Inquiry and Leadership, Appreciative Inquiry Institute
- 2011 Theology of Addiction and Health, Hartford Seminary
- 2011 Multiculturalism Training, Visions, Inc.
- 2009-10 Issues in Special Education and Developmental Disabilities, Central CT State University
*Please click here to view Reverend Canon Audrey Scanlan’s Responses.